Monday, February 22, 2010

Cute Collier

I am not the best mom in the world. I forget to say prayers with the kids a lot of the time, though I am trying to be better. Collier was asked to give the opening prayer in Primary yesterday. The last time he did it I didn't go up with him because I knew that he could do it by himself, and one of the leaders helped him do it anyway, making me feel dumb. So this time I told him he had to do it himself and that no one could help him because he was a big boy. He said that he didn't know what to say. I gave him the suggestion of saying, "We thank thee for our friends and our teachers, and bless us to be good...". He looked at me and said "Oh, I know, I know Mom." and he walked to the front. Then he got up and said his prayer:

"Dear Heavenly Father. We thank Thee for this day. Please bless that we can be nice to our brothers and sisters. And please bless that Heavenly Father can share his love with us. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen"

Where do they learn these cute things?

2 comments:

Tina said...

sweet, just plain sweet! Love that Collier boy! :)

Angela's Crazy Daily's said...

I have such a cute nephew!